Dr YS Rajasekhara Reddy ACA-VDCA Cricket Stadium Details, Capacity, Pitch Report, Records, Stats, Owner, Operator, Tenants, Ground facts and figures.
The Dr. Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy ACA-VDCA Cricket Stadium is a very beautiful, historical and leading cricket ground of India. It is situated in Visakhapatnam. It has hosted all three formats of international cricket matches since 1864.
Dr. Y. S. Rajasekhara Reddy International Cricket Stadium is a multi-motive stadium in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India. It is by and large used for worldwide cricket matches, and additionally a proposed destiny domestic floor for I-League club Sreenidhi Deccan FC.
Dr YS Rajasekhara Reddy ACA-VDCA Cricket Stadium Information:
|Location:||Pothinamallayya Palem, Visakhapatnam|
|Owner:||Sports Authority of Andhra Pradesh|
|Ends Name:||Vizzy End, DV Subba Rao End|
|Home Teams:||Sunrisers Hyderabad
Andhra cricket team
|Time Zone:||UTC +05:30|
ACA-VDCA Cricket Stadium, located in Pothinamallayya Palem, Visakhapatnam, is surrounded by the blissful facade of the picturesque hills and the leafy ramble of trees swaying in breeze. It is the home ground of Sunrisers Hyderabad in the Indian Premier League. The stadium built in 2003 is known for its excellent drainage facilities. The well-manicured, lush-green outfield at the ground has also come in for praise. The seating capacity is expected to be increased to 50,000. In fact, the Test status was also granted recently. It is the ninth ground to be awarded the Test status in India.
Dr. Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy ACA-VDCA Cricket Stadium Pitch Report:
The pitch is known as a batsman friendly one. Historically, it is known for producing belters, where batsmen can play through the line on even-paced wickets. However, in recent times, spinners have made their mark. It can be exemplified by some low-scoring games in the 2013-14 Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy.
Ground facts and figures:
- Capacity: 27,000
- Floodlights: Yes
- The Dr. Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy ACA-VDCA Cricket Stadium is the home ground of Sunrisers Hyderabd team in Indian Premier League, as well as Andhra Pradesh Ranji Trophy team.
- MS Dhoni scored his maiden ODI hundred (148) at this ground when Pakistan toured India in 2005.
- Rohit Sharma smashed 159 against West Indies in 18 December, 2019.
- Mayank Agarwal recorded his maiden Test Hundred and converted it into a double hundred (215) at this ground, which is the highest individual Test score for any batsmen on this ground.
- Highest ODI score posted by a team was 387/5 by India, vs West Indies, 2019.
- Rohit Sharma and K. L. Rahul scored 100’s each and recorded 227 runs for the first wicket for India, vs West Indies, 2019.
- Kuldeep Yadav picked up his second ODI hat trick at this ground, vs West Indies, 2019.
- First time in an ODI that both captains Virat Kohli and Kieron Pollard have been dismissed for a first ball duck, on 18 December 2019.
International Cricket Information:
- First Test Match: 17–21 November 2016: India vs England
- Last Test Match: 2–6 October 2019: India vs South Africa
- First ODI Match: 5 April 2005: India vs Pakistan
- Last ODI Match: 18 December 2019: India vs West Indies
- First T20I Match: 8 September 2012: India vs New Zealand
- Last T20I Match: 24 February 2019: India vs Australia
- First WODI Match: 24 February 2010: India vs England
- Last WODI Match: 23 January 2014: India vs Sri Lanka
- First WT20I Match: 18 March 2012: India vs Australia
- Last WT20I Match: 28 January 2014: India vs Sri Lanka
Dr YS Rajasekhara Reddy ACA-VDCA Cricket Stadium Records:
|High Score||215||Mayank Agarwal||India|
|Most Runs||303||Rohit Sharma||India|
|Most Wickets||16||Ravichandran Ashwin||India|
|Best Bowling||7||Ravichandran Ashwin||India|
|High Score||159||Rohit Sharma||India|
|Most Runs||556||Virat Kohli||India|
|Most Wickets||9||Kuldeep Yadav||India|
|Best Bowling||5||Amit Mishra||India|
|High Score||56*||Glenn Maxwell||Australia|
|Most Runs||56||Glenn Maxwell||Australia|
|Most Wickets||4||Ravichandran Ashwin||India|
|Best Bowling||4||Ravichandran Ashwin||India|
Dr. Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy ACA-VDCA Cricket Stadium Stats:
Total matches: 2
Matches won batting first: 2
Matches won bowling first: 0
1st innings Average scores: 478
2nd innings Average scores: 343
3rd innings Average scores: 263
4th innings Average scores: 174
Highest total recorded: 502/7 (136 Overs) by India vs South Africa
Lowest total recorded: 158/10 (97.3 Overs) by England vs India
Total matches: 9
Matches won batting first: 3
Matches won bowling first: 5
Average 1st Inns scores: 294
Average 2nd Inns scores: 256
Highest total recorded: 387/5 (50 Overs) by India vs West Indies
Lowest total recorded: 79/10 (23.1 Overs) by New Zealand vs India
Highest score chased: 292/5 (48.5 Overs) by India vs Australia
Lowest score defended: 356/9 (50 Overs) by India vs Pakistan
Total matches: 2
Matches won batting first: 0
Matches won bowling first: 2
Average 1st Inns scores: 105
Average 2nd Inns scores: 104
Highest total recorded: 127/7 (20 Overs) by Australia vs India
Lowest total recorded: 82/10 (18 Overs) by Sri Lanka vs India
Highest score chased: 127/7 (20 Overs) by Australia vs India